- My 2 year old is barking like a sealion this morning!
- Why does my 5 year old daughter have an itchy bottom all the time? My doctor says it is not thrush.
- My 13 year old son has started complaining of headaches. How do I know if it’s serious?
- My two-year-old can only just string two words together. Is she delayed?
- How can I help my child sleep better?
- bladder problems
- breathing problems
- child development
- eye problems
- first aid
- growth issues
- speech and language
- tummy problems
Tag Archives: parenting
A child not sleeping as early/late/long/peacefully as his or her parents expect is one of the most common topics of conversation in my consultations – even if that was not the main reason for making the appointment! If the child … Continue reading
I spend much of my working time seeing unwell children in a busy A and E department. Parents are always keen to tell me how high their child’s temperature is but I am far more interested in the child’s heart … Continue reading
More and more people are moving away from the heavy meat diets we were used to as children ourselves but lots of us worry about ensuring adequate nutrients when we do that – for ourselves as well as for our babies … Continue reading
All babies cry. If they don’t there is something wrong with them. But it can be very upsetting for parents who can’t quite work out why they are crying. I had a friend who used to keep a pillow next … Continue reading
I am a firm believer in parenting skills courses. Many, if not most, parents of young children nowadays were disciplined physically by their parents when their behaviour was unacceptable. Parents are now told that that is not an acceptable way to treat … Continue reading